Research into Energy Efficiency and Thermal Insulation Perceptions

İçerik 05.02.2015
Referring to the Code of Energy Efficiency; Regulation of Energy Performance in Buildings has entered into force on 5th December, 2009. The aim is to reduce the energy consumption by 50% and CO² consumption by 3-4%. With Regulation of Energy Performance in Buildings, obligation on thermal insulation continues in the same manner and it is legally obliged to obtain Energy identity certificate for the newly constructed buildings as of 1st January, 2011. For current buildings, an extension of time is granted until 2017. Energy Identity Certificate is a certificate which includes information on building's minimum energy requirement, energy consumption classification, insulation properties and efficiency of heating and/or cooling systems. In an Energy Identity Certificate, annual energy consumption per usage area of building and greenhouse gas emission are classified according to the reference scale varying between "A" and "G" as for white goods. We consume the largest part of the energy in buildings for our heating and cooling needs. Uninsulated walls are responsible for more than half of this energy we consume. Therefore, thermal insulation is the easiest and achievable solution for improving the energy consumption class of our building as to this regulation.

Energy Identity Certificate is valid for 10 years from date of issue. At the end of this period, Energy Identity Certificate will be reissued according to a report to be prepared.

Energy Identity Certificates are issued by Energy Efficiency Consulting Companies for existing buildings. For new buildings on project stage, Energy Identity Certificates are issued by Private Engineering and Consulting Companies. With "Regulation for Energy Efficiency in Buildings" published in the official gazette dated 5th December 2008 and numbered 27050, obtaining an Energy Identity Certificates for new and existing buildings has become necessary. If you are planning to construct a new building, you cannot receive a building license without this certificate, whereas for existing buildings, Energy Identity Certificate should be received by 2017 at the latest. If you plan to rent or sell your building, you cannot perform these transactions without an Energy Identity Certificate.

Heat loss mostly occurs on exterior surfaces in buildings. With a proper thermal insulation to be applied to your exterior surfaces, an energy and fuel saving of 50% can be achieved. When considered from this point of view, applications of thermal insulation to your exterior surfaces seems like the most correct and achievable solution to increase the energy class of your building.

The Energy Class of the building refers to annual energy requirement and therefore annual energy consumption. For instance, the energy amount to be used for heating, cooling, ventilating a building in A Class will be much lower than the amount of a building in G Energy Class and this difference will be a reason to prefer that building for purchasing/selling and renting. So, this preference will affect the sale price and rental fee of this building directly. It is also predicted that the government will attempt incentive activities (e.g. a new taxation system depending on Energy Class, etc.) in the coming years in order to increase the Energy Class of buildings.
Hizmetlerinize, kampanyalarınıza, ürünlerinize ve yeniliklerinize yönelik bilgilendirmelerin yapılması amacıyla bildirdiğim e-posta adresime
BETEK BOYA VE KİMYA SAN A.Ş. tarafından e-posta ve bülten gönderilmesini

Please enter a valid email address.